Subject: ADBTEST #160 and my LCIII
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Cameron Mellor <Cameron-Mellor@deshaw.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/03/1996 14:07:35
Apologies in advance for my lack of NetBSD knowledge--I have checked
the web pages but can't seem to find the answers I'm looking for,
hence the mail ...

John P. Wittkoski wrote:
 : Greetings all,
 : There is a new ADBTEST kernel available at:
[...]
 : It seems to work fine on my II and IIsi.

Julian Bean came back with:
 : Well, it is looking good so far on elsie:
 :
 : jelibean@elsie:~% /sbin/dmesg
 : NetBSD 1.2 (ADBTEST) #160: Sun Sep 29 21:02:32 EDT 1996
 :     root@daedalus.netwizards.net:/usr/src/sys/arch/mac68k/compile/ADBTEST
 : Apple Macintosh LC III  (68030)
[...]
 : Having said that, I copied that dmesg out of a telnet window, and I'm
 : sending this mail via elsie as a PPP gateway, so things look good.

Have I misunderstood the meaning of ADB support?  If Jul{ian,es} is
using telnet, can you actually use the keyboard with this kernel?

Since I have no way to establish a serial connection to the Mac, I
won't be able to use MacBSD without this.  Still, I live in hope!

Thanks in advance, etc. etc.

--
Cameron