Subject: Re: Floppies
To: None <jbyler@MIT.EDU>
From: Hauke Fath <saw@sun0.urz.uni-heidelberg.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/03/1996 04:04:22
At 19:32 Uhr 02.10.1996, jbyler@MIT.EDU wrote:
>Oh, another question-
>
>I know the FAQs say the floppy drives don't, and can't, work.
>However, the FAQ seems to be out of date on many issues, so I thought
>I'd bring it up just in case.
>
>-Jesse
>
>p.s. The question, if it wasn't obvious, is:  "Is there any way to
>access the floppy drive from NetBSD?"

Now, to finally out myself: I am working on a driver. NetBSD/mac68k 1.3 may
have a device driver that can read, write and format 800k GCR floppy disks.

BUT: It is going to be a synchronous driver. As long as the Mac sits on the
floppy, nothing else happens. The driver's a toy.

And: Don't hold your breath for it. :)

MFM? Bug Apple to shell out the SWIM register specs...

	hauke

---