Subject: Re: can test on a 180 (sort of :)
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <Edouardo.Tabacman@bdl.fr>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/02/1996 11:44:31

> Also, if i'm reading things correctly, the adb will start up partway.

Funny, that is what happened to me.
Does this mean that NetBSD won't work in my machine yet?

I have a Powerbook 165c (which I understand is the same as the 180,
except for the video), 8Mb RAM, and a Syquest EZ135.
I installed NetBSD1.2 on the EZ; I think I did everything correctly
(I installed base12 and netbsd12 only. By the way, how much disk space
do I need for all the NETBSD1.2 system (no sources)? The INSTALL file
says 50Mb, but that is for the 1.1 version (and I tried that and run out
of space))

Anyway, the booter seems to work fine, I get the terminal and first
messages, and then it just hangs on the ADB message. (I think I get a
couple of messages after it if I ask for 'more debugging details';
I could copy them if they are any help).

If anyone knows of a way of getting it to work, I'll apreciate any help.
If not, I am willing to test things and report back; but I am afraid
that only from an 'ignorant user' point of view...
(I am just a  user of Macs and Unix, no developer)

Thanks,

Eduardo.