Subject: Re: Getting a MacII in the air
To: The Great Mr. Kurtz \[David A. Gatwood\] <davagatw@Mars.utm.edU>
From: Roger Westerlund <roger@dataton.se>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/02/1996 00:25:39
The Great Mr. Kurtz [David A. Gatwood] wrote:

> > I get no clues from the booter and I never get any display (I don't
>
> When you select booting, does it even open the window and tell you
> MID_m68k executable (or whatever)?  If not, download a new copy of the
> booter.  If it gets that far, but hangs where NetBSD would take over, it
> could be anything listed above, plus it might be a bad kernel.  You also

I was not very clear on this point. I have the option set which gives me a boot or abort requester when
it will go into NetBSD land. So it reads the kernel allright and dumps all variables to the window and
waits for me at the requester. When I get past that one any floppy disk in the drive is ejected then
nothing more happens.

> didn't mention what kernel you're using.  I believe I remember reading
> that the PowerCache should work with the newer kernels (but don't quote me
> on that)... say anything summer or later.  Try one of the 1.2 Generics
> (sbc recommended) and see if that helps.

So, there has been some problems with DayStar.
Where are the new kernels located?

Roger Westerlund