Subject: Booter 1.9.4 is released.
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brian R. Gaeke <brg@laird.ccds.cincinnati.oh.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/01/1996 14:31:03
Booter 1.9.4 is available from
<URL:ftp://puma.macbsd.com/pub/NetBSD/booter/Booter1.9.4.sit.bin>
with sources in
<URL:ftp://puma.macbsd.com/pub/NetBSD/booter/Booter1.9.4-src.sit.bin>

This is not a beta, folks. Everyone should be using this booter.
You'll like it. It is much better than CATS. You will want to use it
again and again.

No, there is no 1.9.3 final. I wanted to emphasize how you really should
be using this booter by making its version number higher than all the
1.9.3 various versions.

Did I mention this booter is NOT a BETA ?

Here is the relevant portion of the ChangeLog:

* Version 1.9.4 -- The new, improved Booter Manual (in HTML) has been included.

  The string+environment size has been doubled to 256KB. Eventually this will
  be fixed for good by allocating it dynamically.

  Mikael Forselius posted a big list of things to do to make the Booter boot
  correctly on the LC475 series machines. This includes changing the way the
  caches are disabled (implemented) and changing (again) the way the video
  address is determined (not implemented yet). More on this in future versions,
  for sure.

Share and Enjoy,
-Brian (booter guy)

--
Brian R. Gaeke <brg@laird.ccds.cincinnati.oh.us> - Ask me for my PGP public key!
"If I were a blue spider, I would certainly ride on a train all the way from