Subject: Re: Classic II works!!!
To: Steve Bowers <steve@gargle.tcp.co.uk>
From: John P. Wittkoski <jpw@netscape.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/30/1996 18:44:51
Steve Bowers wrote:

> Firsty a very big THANK YOU! to everyone who's worked on macbsd and especially
> to Micheal Zucca and John Wittkoski for their work on Internal Video and ADB
> stuff. Thanks to them, I can now report that Classic II's can be used with their
> internal consoles and no longer require serial consoles to work. This message is
> (hopefully) living proof of this - I'm writing it on a Classic II with 6 megs
> RAM an FPU and about 200megs of HD space allocated to NetBSD and I'm _very_
> happy :)

Steve,
Just to clarify, this was with the ADBTEST#160 kernel?

> Just two little questions...
> 1. What terminal type is the internal console?

vt100

> 2. Does anyone know of an official release date for  1.2 so I can grab a new set
> of tarballs to go with the new kernel?

I'm not sure about an "official" date, but you'll notice that the
ADBTEST#160
kernel says "1.2" and not "1.2 BETA". Also, almost nothing in the source
tree has
changed in the last week or so, so although it hasn't been officially
blessed, I think it is basically 1.2.

	--John