Subject: Re: IBM 3540
To: Ken Nakata <kenn@eden.rutgers.edu>
From: Henry B. Hotz <henry.b.hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/27/1996 18:14:05
Welcome back>I haven't been able to closely follow this list for the last three
>months or so, but since when has NetBSD/mac68k become so pickey about
>the SCSI devices?

Since the last three months or so ;-)

It seems to mainly affect middle-aged Quantums, but not every copy of any
model line.  The recommended work-around is to switch to a kernel using the
SBC driver.

I have been collecting information on the problem.  I don't know of anyone
working on it, although I can't believe nobody is.  There is a report that
the Sun 3 port is affected as well (and a technical hypothesis as to the
nature of the problem).  If anyone wants a data dump just email me.