Subject: Re: Internal Video
To: Julian Bean <jules@mailbox.co.uk>
From: John P. Wittkoski <jpw@netscape.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/27/1996 17:34:57
Julian Bean wrote:

> I'm confused.  I've had an LCIII doing everything for months... and even
> before that, the only thing broken was ethernet (which you helped me
> fix...) so what do you mean LCIII doing ADB 'recently'??

Remember there are two different ways to access the ADB. Using the
Mac ROM Glue (MRG), and using the Direct method (a la the ADBTEST
kernels). Each method has different people working on it, and the
machines supported by each method vary and change.

I think the original poster may have been using a kernel that uses the
MRG method to access ADB on their LCIII, which is a fairly recent
development, although the ADBTEST kernels have supported the LCIII
for some time, as you know.

	--John