Subject: HD corruption revisited
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg Putrich <gregp@primenet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/27/1996 19:06:11
A couple of weeks ago my /usr partition on my Trailblazer became totally
unusable. I decided to totally reformat my root & usr partitions on the TB
and start over. I put the July 26 snapshot on there (1.2 Beta) and loaded
the ncrscsi kernel. That ran fine for a day. I compiled myself a new
kernel with the SBC driver. It's been up & running w/o ANY problems for
almost 11 days straight. Only 1 reboot (courtesy the power company) and
it recovered with no problems.

I can grep a 35MB file, whereas before I was lucky to grep a 2MB file.

At least for me, I can say that SBC + 1.2 Beta cured my corruption
problems.

Greg Putrich - Internet: gregp@primenet.com                       [skeezix]
Public Key 27E97EBD = 62 0E B9 A2 45 D2 64 AC 8A B4 6D 9D 5B 23 90 1F

               An fsck a day keeps the core dump away