Subject: Re: Internal Video
To: Scott Reynolds" , "Chris Jacobson <fear@athenet.net>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@metronet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/27/1996 18:29:11
>I'm not sure what else is necessary to make the Classic II work, but I've
>had some luck with getting an LC III doing ADB recently; I've also got the
>patches that Michael Zucca made for internal video.  Would you be willing
>to work with me on this?  If so, signify your affirmation by downloading
>and running:
>
>ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/mac68k/utils/NetBSD_ROM.sit.hqx
>
>ane mailing me the output. :-)

If the program Scott pointed you to has problems finding all the ROM
addresses on your machine, try the one at:

<ftp://members.aol.com/bobnestor/NetBSD_ROM.sit.hqx>

It knows a little more about the ROMs used in the NetBSD/mac68k capable
machines and will provide you with some better hints at what addresses
might work on your system.  Also it will check the VIA/RBV configuration
and type of SCSI controller on your system.  We've found a couple of
machines that don't seem to fit into the current classes defined in
NetBSD.

And as Scott requested, send him the output since he already has
M.R.Zucca's internal video code integrated.

-bob