Subject: Re: Setting up P630
To: Nathan P Shaw <shaw@sbnslk.physics.sunysb.edu>
From: John P. Wittkoski <jpw@netscape.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/24/1996 10:13:13
Nathan P Shaw wrote:

> 1. Jason Godfrey mentioned back in August that ADB on the Q630 now
> works,  however, ADBTEST #139 (running from MacOS image) disabled ADB
> after calling ADBReInit and recognizing the Cuda hardware. (I can post
> the debugger information if someone can make use of it.

The kernel that Jason was talking about was not an ADBTEST kernel,
it was a custom kernel that uses the MRG method to access the
ADB hardware. I am not sure exactly where you can find this kernel,
but Jason or Bob Netstor might know. The changes were probably
checked into the official source, so I would suggest trying one
of the newer 1.2 kernels.

Cuda hardware support in the ADBTEST kernels is slow becuase I
don't have a machine at home that has a Cuda chip in it. I may be
able to borrow one from work, but that's not guaranteed.

        --John