Subject: Re: Setting up P630
To: Nathan P Shaw <shaw@sbnslk.physics.sunysb.edu>
From: Jason Godfrey <godfreja@adam.cs.uwec.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/21/1996 18:57:27
>I have a Performa 636CD ( 68LC040, 12MB RAM, no FPU, internal IDE, external
>300 MB Seagate (SCSI) ) sitting at home which I would very much like
>to run under a real UN*X. I've been following the discussion of the
>630 series for a while now and I have a couple of questions.
>
>1. Jason Godfrey mentioned back in August that ADB on the Q630 now
>works,  however, ADBTEST #139 (running from MacOS image) disabled ADB
>after calling ADBReInit and recognizing the Cuda hardware. (I can post
>the debugger information if someone can make use of it. The final
>message after failing to mount root is

I have a kernal that ADB works on (I used  Bob Nestors program to obtain
the ROM vectors.) There are still two problems with Q630 support:

1. Most commands give an Illegal Instruction error. If I remember the
priror discusion on the list, this is because of a problem with the FPU
emulation. (Am I right???)

2. Disk support: There is no IDE or SCSI drivers yet.

I have the kernal with working ADB support at
ftp://ftp.primenet.com/users/j/jasong/netbsd.gz. Note that this will be
there for one week. After that my primenet account is gone.

I'm going to do a test with the 1.2b kernals to see if the Rom vectors made
it in.

Jason Godfrey                                godfreja@adam.cs.uwec.edu
Public Key 889CFB21 = 03 39 5D D7 D6 02 7C 46  CD CB ED 42 9C E6 83 03
http://www.cs.uwec.edu/~godfreja

                2+2=5 for very large values of 2