Subject: Re: MacPoint Pro
To: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
From: Brad Salai <bsalai@servtech.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/21/1996 18:34:46

> > 	I saw an ad for this $45 three-button mouse in MacWarehouse:  "In
> > MacX mode, all three buttons perform the standard A/UX functions."  Does
> > that mean it would work w/ NetBSD?  Anyone had any good/bad experiences
> > with this one?
>
> I'd like to know, too ;-)  Actually, does anyone know how many 3-button
> mice support the extended mouse protocol?  Do all of them, or do some
> mice manufacturers choose their own arbitrary interfaces?
>
> Thanks for any info.
>
> Later.
I've got a microspeed mouse, that the kernel recognizes, but only the first button
does what it should. I remember for a brief period before the support for this
mouse was specifically added to the kernel that it worked as it should.

I'd be glad to provide more information or try out fixes if it would help.

Brad