Subject: Re: Quantum drives
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/19/1996 13:44:41
> I mentioned the Fireball as its successor, but I can't say anything on its
> reliability.

Puma has been running two 1G Fireballs for several months under the
current ncrscsi driver (with linked commands, even) with no data
corruption.

> IMHO this is more of a driver than a hardware issue.

I'm sure it is a driver issue, but the driver misbehavior seems to be
triggered by something (or some things) that different hardware does
differently.

> >Is this problem expected to be fixed before 1.2 is finalized?
> Not really. Work on it :)

1.2 is pretty much finalized.  Something will probably be done as a
patch to 1.2, though.

-allen

--
              Allen Briggs - end killing - briggs@macbsd.com