Subject: Re: screen stuff
To: Alan Larson <larson@net.com>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@edsi.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/18/1996 23:44:17
On Wed, 18 Sep 1996, Alan Larson wrote:

>   Printing man pages gets many lines with underscoring misplaced, going
> to the left edge of the screen.  The screen height is not properly
> understood by more, and the screen is often left writing in reverse video
> mode.

I've definitely run into this, and I honestly can't say that I've noticed
any changes to the console emulator since 1.1 was release.  However, it's
quite conceivable that the termcap entry has changed and is now using some
capabilities that we don't support.

>   /usr/bin/reset gets the error  tset:/usr/lib/tabset/vt100: no such file or directory.
>
>   Of course, the console is running as a VT220, so why did it look for vt100?

The vt220 entry tells the termcap library to get the tab stop settings
file for the vt100, as they are identical.

A workaround (that does indeed work) is to use the "dt" (desktop)
utility.  You should be able to find a version of it where ever you found
the 1.2_BETA snapshot.

--scott