Subject: Re: Which Quantum's don't work?
To: Henry B. Hotz <henry.b.hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
From: Greg Putrich <gregp@primenet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/18/1996 20:57:12
On Wed, 18 Sep 1996, Henry B. Hotz wrote:

> There have been discussons of various Quantum disk models that suffer
> significant data corruption under current (1.2-beta) m68k kernels.  Could
> the list chime with which models are affected?  I know one person said
> early model Empire's had problems and Fireball's were OK.

I can say that the Trailblazer 850 (TRB850S) is one of them.
Kernels tried:
1.1 Generic #47
1.1B Generic #7
1.2BETA Generic #67
1.1(B?) Genericsbc-2 (would not boot on my machine)

I have since compiled my own 1.2BETA kernels, one with the ncrscsi driver
(worked fine for a day, then I retired it), and another with the sbc
driver, which I'm currently using. It's been up continuously for a day and
a half with no problems (but problems don't show up until around day 7-8).

The hardware: Stock Mac II with 8MB RAM, 68851 PMMU, no external devices
currently connected, Apple Ethernet card.

Greg Putrich - Internet: gregp@primenet.com                       [skeezix]
Public Key 27E97EBD = 62 0E B9 A2 45 D2 64 AC 8A B4 6D 9D 5B 23 90 1F

               An fsck a day keeps the core dump away