Subject: Re: Dumb question...
To: None <wlarson@fix.net>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/17/1996 22:01:02
On Tue, 17 Sep 1996 21:51:16 -0700
 Will Larson <wlarson@fix.net> wrote:

 > Why is it not possible to keep the Mac side going while running NetBSD?
 > I have seen other UN*X systems (like MacMiNT) that are able to do it.

I think the answer to that is "NetBSD is a Real Kernel".  It essentially
grabs the hardware from MacOS, and does it's own thing... MacMiNT and
MachTen actually run on top of MacOS (if I understand them right) and use
MacOS's facilities for some things... (correct me if I'm wrong, please :-)

 -- save the ancient forests - http://www.bayarea.net/~thorpej/forest/ --