Subject: Re: SCSI problems
To: Greg Putrich <gregp@primenet.com>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@edsi.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/17/1996 19:19:34
On Tue, 17 Sep 1996, Greg Putrich wrote:

> I was reading in muc.lists.netbsd.port.sun3, of a VERY similar problem to
> the ones some of us are having with the SCSI drives. He happens to have
> a Sun 3/60 and a Quantum TRB850S (same as mine).

The mac68k `sbc' driver uses the same machine-independent 5830 SCSI driver
code as the sun3 `si' driver.  Since a fairly recent port-sun3 bug report
(a couple weeks ago?), I've been strongly suspecting that the medium error
problem is actually in the non-mac68k-specific part of the code.

There's only a passing resemblance between the `sbc' and `ncrscsi'
drivers; the former, in its current default operating mode, is much closer
to the old `scsi' driver from NetBSD 1.0.

--scott