Subject: Re: first posting; partitioning a ZIP drive.
To: Christopher T. Crawford <bigbird@cyberdrive.net>
From: Roel K. Brand <robra@stack.urc.tue.nl>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/17/1996 16:33:57
> >Apple HD SC Setup 3.0.1 (A/UX) utility with which I want to do the job.
> >But now it comes: I want to build the Root on a zip-drive. Only my
> >uitility won't partition the disk because it claims to be unable to
> >unmount the disk since some file is still in  use. I think this is the
> >Desktop DB but how do I unmount the disk so that I can partition it?

> You might try starting Apple HD SC Setup, inserting the disk, and rescanning
> the SCSI Bus.  If that doesn't work, you can alway use ResEdit to find
> Invisible files on the disk, make them visibe, then delete them.  It's a
> little much, but it usually gets the job done.  Let us know how it goes.
>
>         Christopher T. Crawford

Well, I tried thet already. Only when I dunk them in the bin and try to
empty it, MacOS says that the files in the bin are in use...of course
they are...they are in use because the disk is mounted.

Any other solutions? Help?

By the way, Norton also lets you set the "In use" bit but with that I
can't change the fact that the system considers the files in use...it
doesn't hold.

Roel K. Brand