Subject: Re: first posting; partitioning a ZIP drive.
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Christopher T. Crawford <bigbird@cyberdrive.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/17/1996 04:38:22
At 10:00 PM 9/16/96 +0200, you wrote:
>Well, recently I became interested in UN*X and since I have a Mac at
>home, I decided to look for a Unix for the Mac. So I ran into MacBSD.
>
>Now I downloaded the files I would need for installation, according to
>the INSTALL file and the first thing to do would be to repartition a disk
>to create a A/IX filesystem. OK, this I understand and I also have the
>Apple HD SC Setup 3.0.1 (A/UX) utility with which I want to do the job.
>But now it comes: I want to build the Root on a zip-drive. Only my
>uitility won't partition the disk because it claims to be unable to
>unmount the disk since some file is still in  use. I think this is the
>Desktop DB but how do I unmount the disk so that I can partition it?
>

>Roel.

You might try starting Apple HD SC Setup, inserting the disk, and rescanning
the SCSI Bus.  If that doesn't work, you can alway use ResEdit to find
Invisible files on the disk, make them visibe, then delete them.  It's a
little much, but it usually gets the job done.  Let us know how it goes.

        Christopher T. Crawford