Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.2 and Color X
To: Kevin Barr <barr0074@gold.tc.umn.edu>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@edsi.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/16/1996 20:56:04
On Mon, 16 Sep 1996, Kevin Barr wrote:

> I am curious what the projected release date for the official 1.2
> binaries is?

There has been no announcement, but since the version was bumped to 1.2 in
the source, I think it's fairly safe to say "any day now."

> Also, I'm running on a IIvx. I noticed the drivers for running X-windows
> in color using nuBus video cards, but that these do not currently
> support internal video. Is there a way to run X-windows in color off my
> internal video or do you project a solution for this soon?

I can't say anything about the time frame; I'm working on integrating the
work that Taras Ivanenko did for the NuBus video drivers into the kernel,
but it's slow going.  My other big projects include the SCSI drivers and
an attempt to make the PowerBook 5xx series work -- I don't have full
source to the "HAMADA" kernel. :-(  All I can say is please have patience.
There are other folks working on this, too, like Michael Zucca, so sooner
or later someone will make all the right educated guesses to fill in the
holes that Apple documentation leaves open. :-)

--scott