Subject: Re: Centris 650?
To: John D. Smerdon <jds@smerdon.livonia.mi.us>
From: Julian Bean <jules@mailbox.co.uk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/15/1996 17:41:38
>At 01:39 PM 09/14/96, Will Larson wrote:
>>Has anyone been able to boot NetBSD on a Centris 650?
>
>John Wittkoski's ADB kernel gave a Centris 650 a working keyboard.  I have
>booted using a miniroot (ram disk) which contains the minimal software.
>Since there is no scsi or ethernet, you can't do much with it.  Of course,
>you can work on the scsi and ethernet.
>
>If you can get the nubus interrupts flowing an Asante ethernet card will
>work.  Currently packets flow only because of a driver timeout.
>
>I ain't bright enough to get this stuff to work myself, but my C650 has a
>240MB disk partitioned exclusively for NetBSD and is waiting for a scsi
>driver.  It is also connected to an ethernet segment using the in built
>ethernet and an Asante card hoping to nfs  everything from my SE30.  I am
>willing to help anyone else debug the scsi and ethernet!

Has anyone tried the C650 ethernet since the changes I made to the drivers
to support the LCIII (which scott checked in, I think) ?

I *think* the 650 was a similar-age machine, and the fix I put it may well
fix it as well.

Jules

|  Jelibean aka  | jules@mailbox.co.uk           |  6 Evelyn Road      |
|  Julian Bean   |                               |  TW9 2TF    *UK*    |
|  The 'net interprets censorship as damage, and routes around it.     |