Subject: Re: ARGH!, woops.
To: Benjamin Coburn <btcoburn@ctdnet.acns.nwu.edu>
From: Hisashi T Fujinaka <htodd@leech.q7.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/12/1996 20:22:07
On Thu, 12 Sep 1996, Benjamin Coburn wrote:

>     I want to install MacBSD on an external SyQuest 135 drive, but have
> been a little woried about all these crashes I'm hearing about. If I only
> have MacBSD running on my external SyQuest is my internal disk safe in
> the event that I experience such a crash?  Clerification of this point
> would greatly be appreciated.   -btc

Clerification requires religious thought, no?

I had a 120MB internal and a 135M Syquest running the sbc driver (SBC-2)
and had no problems. I switched after the "normal" driver (GENERIC-67 and
GENERIC-7) both dropped characters when copying disk files.

My system started out as a 5MB SE/30 with a 120MB internal Maxtor and
external Syquest 135MB. It now has 20MB of RAM and a Quantum 1.2G external
drive. In either case, I have had no problem with the sbc driver.

I now run a "custom" kernel (big deal, all I did was compile it myself)
and I'm having too much fun. I really ought to get out more often.

Hisashi T Fujinaka - htodd@leech.q7.com (a NetBSD Mac SE/30)
BSEE (6/86) + BSChem (3/95) + BAEnglish (8/95) + $3.00 = mocha latte