Subject: macbsd on PB520
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Nico Tjandra <nico@speck.niddk.nih.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/12/1996 17:58:06
Hi all,
	I haven't gotten a chance to look into MacBSD running on PB520 for almost a full year now. Recently I thought I'd get back and try it out. I downloaded Booter1.9 and netbsd.GENERIC-7, and the output of the boot log is included in the bottom of this message. I also checked the current-machine status, and PB520 is one listed under partially working without serial console.
	Here are my questions,does anyone know what the "real" status is of the MacBSD on PB520? If anyone has tried this, could you please post comments? What are the chances (after looking at the boot message) that this will work? Thanks very much.

						regards,

						- Nico -

Here is the boot message:

[ preserving 93910 bytes of netbsd symbol table ]
Bootstrapping NetBSD/mac68k.
Faked range to byte 0x800000.
Bootstrapping the pmap system.
Omap bootstrapped.
Moving ROMBase from 0x40000000 tp 0x9d9000.
Video address 0x60000000 -> 0xbd9000.
Copyright 9c) 1982, 1986, 1991, 1993
	The regents of the University of California. All rights reserved.

NetBSD 1.1B (GENERIC) #7: Sat May 25 13:30:10 EDT 1996
	briggs@puma:/u/home/briggs/netbsd/sys/arch/mac68k/compile/GENERIC
Apple Macintosh Unknown (68040)
real mem = 8388608
avail mem = 5459968
using 128 buffers containing 524288 bytes of memory
mrg: kernel has no ROM vectors for this machine!
adb: no ROM ADB driver in this kernel for this machine
mainbus0 (root)
obio0 at mainbus0
adb0 at obio0 (ADB event device)
asc0 at obio0 Apple sound chip.
ite0 at obio0 (minimal console)
ncrscsi0 at obio0
scsibus0 at ncrscsi0
ad0 at scsibus0 targ 0 lun 0; <IBM, H2172-S2C, S60A> SCSI1 0/direct fixed
sd0: 164MB, 2262 cyl, 2 head, 74 sec, 512 bytes/sec
zsc0 at obio0 chip type 0
zstty0 at zsc0 channel 0
zstty1 at zsc0 channel 1
fpu0 at obio0 (emulator)