Subject: Re: QUANTUM LP105S HD problem
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Christopher T. Crawford <bigbird@cyberdrive.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/10/1996 16:06:54

>Some kernels seem to pop up drive related messages like these at random;
>I've seen them for all the hard disks I used (the LPS 105, a Snailblazer
>850 and an Empire 1080 - all Quantum). The driver has some communication
>problem here, it seems.

Something most people don't know:  It may even prove realevant.

Many SCSI cards (IBM Clone domain) don't support newer Quantum drives.  I
got an Empire 1080S and had to get a new SCSI BIOS just to support what DTC
said was "a problem addressing certain Quantum HDs."  Someone may need to
contact Quantum to see how these drives are different from standard SCSI.

Hope it helps someone, somewhere.

Christopher Crawford