Subject: QUANTUM LP105S HD problem
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tom Kelly <tom@lyndewode.co.uk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/09/1996 22:18:17
Hi again,
Here is more information (as requested)

I've booted using Booter 1.9.2 and 1.8 I still get segmentation faults
and a rapidly corrupted filesystem.

The machine in question is a IIsi(FPU included) with:
9mb RAM, 20Mb A/UX swap partition, 60Mb Root & Usr partition (with only
base and etc installed (1.2beta versions from latest snapshot))
I've tried formatting the drive with a patched 7.5.3 HD formatter from apple;
it is patched because the 3rd party Micropolis HD formatter doesn't do A/UX
partitions.
Another point to note is when formatting using mkfs I get an error to do with
mode 4; mkfs suggests its a parse error and recomends continuing.
However when booting just before the partition is mounted the kernal
complains that:
"<something scsi> 4 returned nonsense using ficticous geometry"

I also note that Hauke Fath in a message to this group said he had problems
with a Quantum LPS 105; he said he got it working again but how?

Thanks in advance for all the help

Tom