Subject: Re: SBC probs
To: Scott Reynolds <scottr@edsi.org>
From: Hisashi T Fujinaka <htodd@leech.q7.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/07/1996 11:04:29
On Sat, 7 Sep 1996, Scott Reynolds wrote:
> I think I must repeat that I don't recommend the sbc driver except in
> specific circumstances.  Namely, that (a) you're running on a "hard" disk,
> and (b) you're experiencing random filesystem corruption with the ncrscsi
> driver.  This driver is a work in progress, and while I hope to make it
> the primary SCSI driver for 5380-based Macs, I cannot support that move
> right now.

Is there a list of difficult disks? I had to use the sbc driver for my
Syquest 44 and 135 and stuck with it when I got my Quantum Fireball 1.2G.
I'm wondering if I should switch back.

Usually the rule is, if it ain't broke I shouldn't fix it, but one of the
reasons I'm running NetBSD is because I like to tinker. Should I switch
back to the other driver?

BTW, I'm calling the wrath of gremlins by saying, "I've had no problems
with the sbc driver."

Hisashi T Fujinaka - htodd@leech.q7.com (a NetBSD Mac SE/30)
BSEE (6/86) + BSChem (3/95) + BAEnglish (8/95) + $3..00 = mocha latte