Subject: PPP
To: MacBSD <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Robert C. Tindall <rtindall@delta.math.wsu.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/06/1996 09:28:33
Well, after two weeks of futzing on and off I got PPP to work.  The
solution was so revoltingly easy I'll spare myself the embarrasment of
relating it.

Ok, fine,  I gave up on everything and restored all the files in
the PPP distribution to the original .pg files (I didn't have backups of
the others, and I had edited the crap out of them).  The .pg set
connected with no more effort than changing my password, userid, and
number.  How depressing.

For my next trick, I read in one of the FAQs that the 1.2 kernel would
have dial on demand PPP.  I have installed 1.2_BETA Generic #67; how does
one convince ppp to dial automatically, and what triggers an auto_dial?

thanks to all for all the help, input, and support.