Subject: C660AV Port?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <evanspa1@aston.ac.uk (Paul Evans, Computing Science & Applied \>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/06/1996 10:34:11
Hi,

I'm on my final year of a Computing degree at Aston University, UK.  For my
individual project I'm writing a UNIX based WWW service.  I've purchased
NetBSD Nov 95 edition from InfoMagic but unfortunately it will not run on my
Centris 660AV.  I was hoping to do much of the project work at home rather
than the uni.

I read on one of the www.macbsd.com WWW pages that the latest version partially
works, non-serial on the C660AV.

I've installed everything onto my A/UX root/usr partition but when I try to
boot-up, it says 'cannot allocate video' and goes into debug mode.

Can you tell me whether I've done something wrong, need to download a patch
/ new software or whether it's tough luck and have to wait for you to write
a new version.

I would very much appreciate a quick (and hopefully postive) response.

Cheers,

Paul Evans, Aston University