Subject: Re: Video problem
To: Joseph E. Taranta <jtaranta@nexusprime.org>
From: Robert C. Tindall <rtindall@delta.math.wsu.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/03/1996 08:30:36
On Mon, 2 Sep 1996, Joseph E. Taranta wrote:

> Greetings:
>
> I have installed NetBSD on my MacII.
> When booting I receive the following message.
>   .
>   .
> video address 0xf9900000 --> 0x3100000.
>
> At this point the machine hangs.
>
> I am using a RasterOPs Clearvue/GSXL (9414) video card (Hires monocrome).
>
> NetBSD 1.1 (kernel #47).

Funny you should have this problem; I fought with it for two weeks.

What I did to fix it was make sure my video was set to 1 bit and enable
32 bit addressing (you'll need Mode 32 or an equiv, then you might have
to re-set your memory control panel depending on which system you're
running).  From there I ran into all sorts of DIFFERENT problems, which
the people on this list have been very kind to help me work out.

R Tindall
PH II
WSU