Subject: Re: MacBSD on a Zip?
To: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
From: Hisashi T Fujinaka <root@leech.q7.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/02/1996 18:17:40
On Mon, 2 Sep 1996, Colin Wood wrote:

> Actually, you might want to check the HOWTO section on puma
> (www.macbsd.com), I believe that there is a HOWTO on using zip disks with
> MacBSD.

How come everyone points to that when I could never get it to work? I must
have pulled out my hair for three or four days trying everything I could
to get MacBSD to recognize a Zip disk. I never got it to work but I think
the problem was using mkfs from the MacOS.

Although I finally gave up on a Zip drive, I also had problems with my
1.2G HD. I had to use newfs on MacBSD (with the proper parameters, the
defaults kept hosing my disk formatting) before it would work.

Also, I had to use the SBC kernel before my removable media drives would
work (I finally did get my Syquest 44 and 135 to work).

Good luck.

Hisashi T Fujinaka - htodd@leech.q7.com (a NetBSD Mac SE/30)
BSEE (6/86) + BSChem (3/95) + BAEnglish (8/95) + $3.00 = mocha latte