Subject: MacBSD on a Zip?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tristan Doherty <ristar@abacom.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/02/1996 16:07:54
I have been trying to install MacBSD on an Iomega Zip cartrige (100M) since
that is the only place where I have room to do it. (Is this even possible?)

So far all has gone well, I've made a root&usr partition and a swap
partition on the drive. Then I run Mkfs and select the root&usr partition
to be formatted. In the FAQ, it said to use the defaults that are given by
Mkfs but the only defaults I get are :

Sector size  0
Sectors/Track  40
Tracks/cylinder  0
Num Cylinders  0

All the other fields are blank.

If I accept these params, two lines appear in the console:

formatting.....
no default #tracks

These lines lead me to believe that the default settings aren't right.

I e-mailed iomega but all I got was an automated e-mail response, so I
tried calling them long distance only to find out that they had an 800
number that gives you a 900 number for tech support. Needless to say, I
didn't want to pay US$20 just to get some params so here I am, asking for
help.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Tristan Doherty
ristar@abacom.com