Subject: Thank you & FAQ/Install suggestion
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John R. Goold <mystic@magic.ca>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/27/1996 19:40:06
Thank you to everyone who replied so promptly to my request for help
("Kaboom! Please Help"). It was about the installer failing to mount the
SCSI partition.

Allen Briggs and Stephen C. Brown were on the right track -- in fact,
Stephen pointed out the problem precisely. I have a 2 GB hard drive and,
for a number of reasons, have it partitioned into relatively small chunks.
My first Unix partition was number 10! Currently the Installer and NetBSD
only look at the first 8 partitions. Oh well, now to get to work!

I recommend adding the current restriction (the Unix partitions must be in
the first 8) to both the FAQ and the Installation instructions.

Again, thank you to everyone who offered help.

John

 John R. Goold   |     Use common sense when attributing opinions.
mystic@magic.ca  | Voice: (416) 486-0313 | HMM: 112 Hillsdale Ave West
Toronto, Canada  | FaX:   (416) 488-4575 |      Toronto, ON    M5P 1G5