Subject: Re: no su?
To: John Ostrowick <jon@macenroe.cs.wits.ac.za>
From: The Great Mr. Kurtz [David A. Gatwood] <davagatw@mars.utm.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/20/1996 08:07:48
On Tue, 20 Aug 1996, John Ostrowick wrote:

> 1. why is it saying sorry to me and refusing su, despite the user
> attempting it being in the group wheel?

I think this came up about a weeek or two ago.  Put the user in the
/etc/group(s?) file.  Setting their gid in the passwd file doesn't seem to
be supported currently in su.

> 2. why is sendmail refusing to write mail into mailq despite operating as root?

Probably the same reason you weren't receiving mail yesterday.

> John Ostrowick
> Computer Science Department, University of the Witwatersrand
> 1 Jan Smuts Ave, Johannesburg, South Africa. 1st Floor, Senate House 1012
> Phone: +27 (011) 716-3783
> jon@cs.wits.ac.za or jon@macenroe.cs.wits.ac.za or jon@is.co.za
> My web page is on my server's: http://macenroe.cs.wits.ac.za/
> My ftp site: ftp://macenroe.cs.wits.ac.za/public partition/
> My listserv: subscr@macenroe.cs.wits.ac.za (any message with a body)

|David A. Gatwood             And Richard Cory, one calm summer night,  |
|davagatw@mars              Went home and put a bullet through his head.|
|dgatwood@nyx.cs.du.edu              --Edwin Arlington Robinson         |
|http://mars.utm.edu/~davagatw -or- http://nox.cs.du.edu:8001/~dgatwood |