Subject: ftpd question
To: <>
From: Rick C. Petty <pett0019@gold.tc.umn.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/31/1996 17:48:05
I hate to do this, but I have nowhere else to turn to.

I'm trying to setup an ftp account on a site (we're running Solaris 2.5).
I setup the user's home directory (/home/user/) but I want the ftpd to
pretend it's at / when that user logs in.  We can't do anonymous ftp for
additional security reasons, but I don't want that user to browse around
the system either (cd .., cd /etc/, and so forth).  We want to restrict
this user to his home directory only (visible to him only as "/")...

Is there a way to do this?  I know some of you have set-up ftp before,
and the man pages are (as usual) unhelpful.  If someone could help me
out, I'd appreciate it!

--Rick C. Petty,  aka Snoopy                <h1><blink>I hate Netscape!
SQL/Perl/Java/HTML/C++ programmer  http://www.itlabs.umn.edu/~pett0019/
pett0019@gold.tc.umn.edu, pett0019@itlabs.umn.edu, rpetty@future.i5.com