Subject: Re: Cross-Compiling.
To: Dave Mays <st92lbwr@dunx1.ocs.drexel.edu>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/31/1996 13:34:22
On Wed, 31 Jul 1996, Dave Mays wrote:
> Has anyone worked up a way to cross-compile from Linux to NetBSD?  My
> Linux box is far faster than my IIsi, and I'd rather use it.  That would
> be cool or, a way to cross-compile under MacOS.  My Quadra is also FAR
> faster than the IIsi.  Am I dreaming or is this a possibility?

Don't know about Linux in particular, but take a look at
http://www.macbsd.com/macbsd/howto/cc-HOWTO

I'm cross-compiling from NetBSD/i386 to NetBSD/mac68k, which is even
simpler, since pretty much all of the tools are already present; just get
GNU binutils 2.6 (or 2.7) and gcc set up for cross-compiling, which is a
snap :)

As for cross-compiling from MacOS, well... anything's possible :) But
that sounds much much more difficult than compiling on a Unix system. I
heard some stuff about using MacMINT to cross-compile, but I don't know
if that ever worked or not. Anyways, I'd do it from Linux :)
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 20 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++