Subject: Re: A few limiting factors
To: The Great Mr. Kurtz [David A. Gatwood] <davagatw@mars.utm.edu>
From: Brian R. Gaeke <brg@laird.ccds.cincinnati.oh.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/30/1996 23:44:16
And then spake The Great Mr. Kurtz [David A. Gatwood] as follows:
> > 3. su: hears me knocking but I can't come in
> > When I su from my account, which is included in group wheel according
> > to passwd and group settings, why does the system say 'Sorry'?

I think that su needs your username to be in the list of members in
/etc/group, not just to have principal gid = 0 (which, if it is true,
is not in the su manpage, and therefore could be construed to be a bug.)
I could be wrong, but I'm going to try hacking on the su source
later on this evening. If I confirm this puzzling behavior I'll send-pr it.

-Brian

--
Brian R. Gaeke <brg@laird.ccds.cincinnati.oh.us> - Ask me for my PGP public key!
"If I were a blue spider, I would certainly ride on a train all the way from