Subject: Re: Internal Video Update
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: M.R. Zucca <mrz5149@rit.cs.rit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/30/1996 21:00:37
>I'd just like to say that this is the same problem I experienced on the
>IIsi. I was using the generic 64 kernel, so it isn't your video
>implementation.
>
>I had about 2-3 lines of the Mac OS below the white space on my IIsi...
>
>I was using internal video and the monitor that shipped w/ the IIsi...
>
>I just wanted you to know this probably isn't an isolated problem w/ your
>kernel...

Hmmm. Could be related. I can't imagine what it is since I've mapped in more
than 4k more screen RAM over the screen size I expected.

The only possible thing is if the range finding code cuts off the range that
the video is in. Perhaps the memory I mapped in was getting ignored.

The only other possibility is that the booter is passing in the wrong screen
size but I kind of doubt it.

I've contemplated leaving this problem to people who have the actual hardware.
Everybody will get a chance to work with the code when I let 0.x out in the
official source tree. Most of the work I'm going to do in 1.x won't be in
the same source file as the 0.x stuff was.

Thanks for letting me know.

 Michael Zucca - mrz5149@rit.cs.rit.edu - http://www.rit.edu/~mrz5149/
 "I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose Freewill. "
  --Rush, Freewill