Subject: Re: Argh! (was:Re: IIcx, one step closer...)
To: Chris Mason <cmason@nando.net>
From: Brian R. Gaeke <brg@laird.ccds.cincinnati.oh.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/30/1996 17:01:54
And then spake Chris Mason as follows:
> >I recall reports of 1.9.2 bombing, but not 1.9.3beta.  I'm not even sure
> >who put which up...  The booters that I built were built with THINK 4.0
> >and 6.0 (although I do have (Academic) CodeWarrior now).
>
> Supposedly 1.9.3 has a virtual memory trap in it that conflicts with some
> machines.  I've looked for a later version but can't seem to find it.  Do
> you or does anyone else know of one?  Who maintains the booter?

I think i've got this bug fixed. I'll test it out later today and if it
doesn't crash I'll release 1.9.3b2. Note that this would be the first
booter compiled with CodeWarrior, so we'll have to check closely for bugs.

-Brian (sometime booter bug-fixer + doc writer)

--
Brian R. Gaeke <brg@laird.ccds.cincinnati.oh.us> - Ask me for my PGP public key!
"If I were a blue spider, I would certainly ride on a train all the way from