Subject: Centris 650
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Hamish Alan Carr <umcarr@cc.UManitoba.CA>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/30/1996 14:11:14
I would *like* to try NetBSD as a way of getting more experience on U**X
without needing to commute to the university labs.

I haven't previously done UNIX system admin, but hey, you have to start
somewhere.  In particular, if X windows are supported, I would like to
try running X at home.

I cannot do without my current machine, but I am certainly willing to try
testing on it:

My current configuration:

Centris 650
28 MB RAM
540 MB internal HD
540 MB external HD
Apple 8.24 NuBus, supporting an Apple 21" G/S 1152x870 at 8-bit
(I have the old Mac II display card, which still works, as well)
14" colour, from onboard video (1 MB VRAM)

not currently Ethernetted to anything:  may be Ethernetted soon.

Stylewriter II inkjet

I have enough space on the HD for a 200 MB partition, if necessary.

Hamish Carr
umcarr@ccu.umanitoba.ca
3rd yr. C/S Hons.