Subject: Re: fsck troubles..
To: David Bushong <dbushong@cory.eecs.berkeley.edu>
From: The Great Mr. Kurtz [David A. Gatwood] <davagatw@mars.utm.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/29/1996 18:22:57
On Fri, 26 Jul 1996, David Bushong wrote:

> BAD SUPER BLOCK: VALUES IN SUPER BLOCK DISAGREE WITH THOSE IN FIRST ALTERNATE
> Floating exception

That closely matches my attempts to use an external drive with my
powerbook before floating point emulation....

try

fsck -b 32 /dev/sd3a (or whatever the drive was)

That'll use the alternate super block at block 32.  For some reason, some
drives don't seem to mkfs cleanly with certain systems from Mac-Side, or
the installer glitches 'em, one.

Judging by the failure, I assume that you don't have an FPU, and haven't
installed the no-fpu math libs yet.  (See FAQ on puma.macbsd.com under
"does MacBSD require an FPU" for the location for that, if you don't have
it yet).  'Course there could still be some obscure function that
generates an exception.... Dunno.

Hope that helps, and good luck,

|David A. Gatwood             And Richard Cory, one calm summer night,  |
|davagatw@mars              Went home and put a bullet through his head.|
|dgatwood@nyx.cs.du.edu              --Edwin Arlington Robinson         |
|http://mars.utm.edu/~davagatw -or- http://nox.cs.du.edu:8001/~dgatwood |