Subject: Re: sshd compilation troubles
To: Alain Golan <alain@NetVision.net.il>
From: The Great Mr. Kurtz [David A. Gatwood] <davagatw@mars.utm.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/29/1996 17:49:50
On Mon, 29 Jul 1996, Alain Golan wrote:

> (ssh compiled succesfully and is working.)
>
> I have the following problem when compiling sshd, so
>  before I'll dive ;-) ....
> Or perhaps binaries are available somewhere ?

> gcc -pipe  -o sshd sshd.o auth-rhosts.o auth-passwd.o auth-rsa.o
> auth-rh-rsa.o pty.o  log-server.o login.o hostfile.o canohost.o
> servconf.o tildexpand.o  serverloop.o  idea.o  rsa.o randoms.o md5.o
> buffer.o emulate.o packet.o compress.o  xmalloc.o ttymodes.o
> newchannels.o bufaux.o authfd.o authfile.o crc32.o  rsaglue.o tss.o
> cipher.o des.o match.o arcfour.o mpaux.o minfd.o  userfile.o signals.o
> -Lgmp-1.3.2 -lgmp -Lzlib095 -lz -L/usr/local/lib
> auth-passwd.c:287: Undefined symbol `_crypt' referenced from text segment

Well, I can answer the crypt part.  You need to modify that gcc line to
include -lcrypt.  If it's from a makefile (probably), you can usually add
it to the LFLAGS or LDFLAGS line.  (BTW, that's a -LCRYPT, not a capital
i, just in case you doin't copy and paste.)

> pty.c:341: Undefined symbol `_vhangup' referenced from text segment
> *** Error code 1

Something's missing there, too, but I don't know what vhangup is, so can't
help you there.

I gather you're doing a make for bsdi, and that no netbsd specific
makefile exists, right?  You might try making the -lcrypt change to a
makefile for... say... Linux or FreeBSD or at least 44bsd.

Good luck,

|David A. Gatwood             And Richard Cory, one calm summer night,  |
|davagatw@mars              Went home and put a bullet through his head.|
|dgatwood@nyx.cs.du.edu              --Edwin Arlington Robinson         |
|http://mars.utm.edu/~davagatw -or- http://nox.cs.du.edu:8001/~dgatwood |