Subject: Re: IIcx, one step closer...
To: Chris Mason <cmason@nando.net>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/29/1996 09:18:16
> I seem to have fixed the not booting without video problem by using the
> 1.9.2 (3 beta) booter.
>
> But...
>
> It starts to boot, finds a kernel, and then immediately gives an
> unimplemented trap error (in MacOS, the bomb box).
>
> I can't find any docs on version 1.9.*.  I've tried both 1.9.2 and
> 1.9.3beta.  Both give the same unimpl. trap error.

This is a known bug w/ 1.9.3beta1 (kinda why it's beta). You have a
"minimum" MacOS install. There's a VM trap which the booter calls
(a first effort at booting w/ VM on) which is not implimented on
all systems. Thus your bomb.

Since I'm not the keeper of the booter, I don't know where beta2 is.

Good luck!

Bill