Subject: Boot from another Mac?
To: NetBSD <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jon Hui <always@hknet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/29/1996 21:11:09
I have an LC III running BSD. The machine has 8/160 with 40M partition
for MacOS. However, I don't have enough space to install X Window. And
after failing to install X, BSD always reports that the filesystem is
full. This is not the case before the X installation. Besides, I don't
know how if there's a command to show how much disk space in the BSD
partition.
So now I'm going to reformat the HD and make the entire disk avaliable to
BSD. And the problem is: how can I boot up the machine? I don't have
other SCSI device. I know I can boot it up from a floppy, but then how
can I install X from a floppy? Is it possible to install X and boot up
the machine from another Mac?

BTW, is 160M enough to install X Window? TIA.

-Jon

Jon Hui
<mailto: always@hknet.com>
Do you believe in Macintosh? Please check out
<http://www.evangelist.macaddict.com/> to see how you can help the cause.