Subject: Re: Internal Video Update
To: M.R. Zucca <mrz5149@rit.cs.rit.edu>
From: The Great Mr. Kurtz [David A. Gatwood] <davagatw@mars.utm.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/28/1996 16:57:23
On Sun, 28 Jul 1996, M.R. Zucca wrote:

> Ok, if you haven't guessed by now we've got PB160/165/180 working video. :)
> There are still ADB problems with these machines but I think JPW will work
> on those machines when he can.
>
> Confirmed Workings and Problems
> -------------------------------
> PB140/145/145B/170
>     I heard from one PB140 user that the backlight shut off. This problem
>     I'm sure is easily solved but it requires nosing around in hardware
>     space. Unfortunately, I don't have access to any one of those PowerBooks.

The 145 worked as of a release about 2 weeks ago.  I'm assuming it should
still work.  If not, it should be simple to use the old code for it and
the new code for the others.

Like most of the others, it too hung during the ADB stuff.  No real
surprise, of course, but thought I'd mention it.

> Other News
> I've been considering adding a 3.x kernel version for adding special video
> features to the kernel. This would include such things as backlight control

Hope the backlighting works out.  I hate it when I boot serial console and
have to reboot 'cause I forgot to turn backlighting off....

Thanks for all your work,

|David A. Gatwood             And Richard Cory, one calm summer night,  |
|davagatw@mars              Went home and put a bullet through his head.|
|dgatwood@nyx.cs.du.edu              --Edwin Arlington Robinson         |
|http://mars.utm.edu/~davagatw -or- http://nox.cs.du.edu:8001/~dgatwood |