Subject: Re: Even Newer Video Test Kernel
To: M.R. Zucca <mrz5149@rit.cs.rit.edu>
From: Steve Bowers <steve@gargle.tcp.co.uk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/28/1996 18:16:02
Hi,
Here's what I get from my Classic II with intvidtest.0.3.4...

I'm booting to single user mode with booter 1.8 and 1.2ALPHA binaries.
After the screen changes over to all white with black text, there are still
2 lines of pixels left over at the very bottom from the finder screen which
was there before.
This is the console output from then on. Scrolling off the top of the
screen seems to work OK - the first line dissapears as the last mrg one is
printed and others scroll up once the panic switch is pressed.

[preserving 93836 bytes of netbsd symbol table]
Bootstrapping NetBSD/mac68k.
Getting mapping from MMU
Begin Video RAM init.
Sizing Memory...Done.
System RAM: 6258688 bytes in 1528 pages
        Low = 0x0, high = 0x5f8000
Internal video code really begins here.
The booter thinks video is located at 0xfee09a80
Skipping NuBus video mapping for Classic II
Attempting to grok logical -> physical mapping
Classic II Video (0xfee09a80) internal video at addr0oxfee09a80 (phys
0x9fa80), len 0x8000.
If we got this far then odds are video is working.
Lockups after this point are somebody else's problem!
Done
Bootstrapping the pmap system.
Pmap bootstrapped.
Moving ROMBase from 0x40a00000 to 0x9f9000
Video address 0xfee09a80 -> 0xbf9a80.

Copyright (c) 1982, 1986, 1989, 1991, 1993
        The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved.

NetBSD 1.2_ALPHA (INTVIDTEST) #12: Sat Jul 27 17:24:47 EDT 1996

root@tokyo.perkins.rit.edu:/src/sys/arch/mac68k/compile/INTVIDTEST
Apple Macintosh Classic II (68030)
real mem=6258688
avail mem = 3481600
using 102 buffers containing 417792 bytes of memory
mrg: 'MAC Classic II ROMs' ROM glue, tracing off, debug off, silent traps
adb: bus subsystem
Got following HwCfgFlags: 0xfc00, 0x   773fm 0x    1a6, 0x 9fcd14
mrg: setup_egret:
mrg: setup_egret: done.

At this point it hangs indefinitely.

I tried pressing the panic switch and this happened:-

Panic Switch: PC is 0x3a46.
Stopped at _Debugger+0x6: unlk a6
db>

And nothing else can be done 'cos the keyboard doesn't work!

So I guess the video is working in the Classic II now - we just need some
ADB (oh and the extra 2 pixel lines would be nice but...) and then it'll
work!

Here's hoping we're that close

SteveB

Steve Bowers                                            steve@gargle.tcp.co.uk