Subject: Re: Help again
To: Jon Hui <always@hknet.com>
From: Alain Golan <alain@NetVision.net.il>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/28/1996 16:36:05
Hum.. and You are also probably new to un*x in general.
I would suggest that You'll get a good introduction book
 to un*x, and then proceed further.

The answer to Your question is username: "root"
 and untill You'll set a password it will not ask for it.

It is a bad idea to work, or do anything when logged as root
 unless You know VERY WELL what You are doing.

I suggest also:

 http://www.macbsd.com/macbsd/macbsd-docs/faq/faq-5.html#ss5.2

On Sun, 28 Jul 1996, Jon Hui wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After I installed and booted NetBSD, it somehow ask me to enter login
> name and password. Can anyone tell me where I can find the appropriate
> login name and password? I'm new to BSD so my questions maybe silly.
> Thank you very much.
>
> And thanks to anyone who answered my BSD-on-LC III question.
>
> -Jon
>
> __________________________
> Jon Hui
> <mailto: always@hknet.com>

> Do you believe in Macintosh? Please check out
> <http://www.evangelist.macaddict.com/> to see how you can help the cause.

     Regards,

 /__/ /   /__/  /  /\  /                   EMail://Alain@NetVision.net
                                               Lobby://+972-4-8560600
    Wide area network services.              WAN-NOC://+972-4-8560550
                                                 vox://+972-4-8560646
    NetVision is the leading Israeli             cel://+972-5-2593886
       Internet service provider                 fax://+972-4-8550345
      http://www.netvision.net.il          TeleSales://+972-4-8560560