Subject: Re: Booting IIcx without video _card_
To: Chris Mason <cmason@nando.net>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/27/1996 13:29:33

> Sorry bout that, seems some of you didn't see (or I didn't put) the "card"
> after video in my post.
>
> Let me try again:
>
> I'm having problems getting my IIcx to boot without a video _card_.  MacOS
> seems to come up and then launch the booter, which waits the specified 10
> seconds and then "BEEP."  That's all the farther it gets.  But I am almost
> positive it's atleast getting to the booter.  MacOS is up and running on
> the machine, as I can use file sharing.

Hmm. With booter 1.9.2 & 1.9.3 you can have it generate a log file.
I'm not the one to decipher said log, but it would probably tell where
the error occurs. Oh, you need to have a "full" instalation for
booter 1.9.2/1.9.3beta1 to work. 1.9.3 should be fine (if it's been
posted).

Also, what happens if you don't enable file sharing? I've found that filesharing
takes a while to load, and you can't shut down the computer if file
sharing is still starting up. Maybe that's part of the problem?

Good luck!

Take care,

Bill