Subject: Re: Help
To: Jell-O <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Josh Hope <melkor@norden1.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/27/1996 14:19:56
> >Some systems will boot and are usable from an external terminal
> >(serial tty or SL/IP):
> >	LC III
> >	Performa 550
> >	possibly others
> What is external terminal means? Can I install nd use NetBSD on my LC
> III? Or is there anyone running NetBSD on an LC III?
> Thanks in advance.

I believe that means you must have another computer connected via the
serial port, and you can control NetBSD from that computer...

Since the LCIII is still experimental, you may want to try the 1.2 beta
sets. They may give you more capabilities...or maybe there is a kernel
out there that supports the video in the LCIII?

Josh Hope
       E-Mail:   melkor@norden1.com
          Web:   http://www.glasscity.net/users/scrptwiz/
Do something unusual today. Pay my phone bill.