Subject: Re: X Window display server
To: Paul Carter <paul@maclincs.demon.co.uk>
From: Alain Golan <alain@NetVision.net.il>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/27/1996 18:34:09
On Sat, 27 Jul 1996, Paul Carter wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have downloaded the eXodus demo and it is works fine when connecting to
> Sun boxes, My question is :-
>
> Should eXodus for Macintosh work when connected to my NetBSD Mac?
>
> Below are the eXodus for Macintosh release notes for you information.
>
> Rgds
> Paul Carter

I see no reason why not, eXodus (non-demo) worked fine with all the
 X-clients I used, I used fvwm95 from a linux box, and various other
 window managers from Sparc's & Irix boxes.
The easyest way to begin is as follow:
- Start your eXodus on the Mac, with the menus, allow to connect without
 authorisation.
- get a prompt on the netbsd box and (assuming csh or tcsh)
 "setenv DISPLAY myexodusmac:0" where myexodusmac = IP or name of the
 mac running exodus.
- type on the netbsd: "xterm"
At this point an xterm terminal should appear on the eXodus-mac.

     Regards,

 /__/ /   /__/  /  /\  /                   EMail://Alain@NetVision.net
                                               Lobby://+972-4-8560600
    Wide area network services.              WAN-NOC://+972-4-8560550
                                                 vox://+972-4-8560646
    NetVision is the leading Israeli             cel://+972-5-2593886
       Internet service provider                 fax://+972-4-8550345
      http://www.netvision.net.il          TeleSales://+972-4-8560560